Friday, September 14, 2007

September 9th to 14th: The Route this past week


This is the route around Chubu that the 3 of us have been driving around in our rented Tokyota Probox up to today:
(map image taken from http://www.japan-zone.com/omnibus/chubu.shtml)
September 9th: Nagoya
September 10th: Nagoya -> Takayama
September 11th: Takayama -> Toyama
September 12th: Toyama -> Tokyo
September 13th: Tokyo
September 14th: Tokyo -> Mt Fuji
(Tomorrow) September 15th: Mt Fuji -> Nagoya

At least driving around Japan in the car is a different experience from what i'm used to so far. I got to see the Japanese expressways which are off-limit to bicycles and towns that were not on my itinerary so i'm satisfied at least despite losing a week of my own travelling time. Probably by Wednesday i'll reach Tokyo(again) on my own. But it's going to be a real challenge cycling through Tokyo from my preview of it. I'm really looking forward to hitting the saddle again this Sunday!

6 comments:

Alex Logan Lee said...

How well can you speak Japanese now?
I miss you! =(

Gabriel Chin said...

actually besides the essential phrases i wrote for my trip, my vocabulary has not improved a bit..

but i still enjoy watching the shows on TV even though i don't understand most of what is said

Anonymous said...

of course (you enjoy watching the tv shows there) lah! the chiobus there so exotic.

ok i will give a full page report/commentary/bucketloadofcrap/reflections/shouts/complaints/showsofjealousy/worth of my thoughts when i'm feeling better. just came from work and feel damn sianz.

i just fucking want to ord loh.

Gabriel Chin said...

since you mentioned chiobus, Miyazaki Aoi was on SMAPXSMAP last night, and so very cute!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. what can smap times smap be. pray tell what miyazaki is doing there?

Gabriel Chin said...

couldnt find a wiki entry on SMAPxSMAP but you can read about SMAP here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMAP

she was a guest star on the cooking segment ("BISTRO SMAP") of the show cause her new movie 'Sad Vacation' is releasing.

this is one of the few times i've seen Bistro Smap and Kimura Takuya's team won..