Wednesday, August 15, 2007

All my bags are packed and i'm flying off to Japan tomorrow!

This is it! T-20 hours to takeoff and the beginning of my 'grand aventure'!

I've been doing packing and re-packing over the last 2 days because it seems everytime i think i'm done, i'll remember something else that i forgot to pack. And it's not easy cause I've never had to pack for any trip as long and with so much restrictions as this. Anyway as of an hour ago, this is the bulk of my luggage..

Under/Over packed?

..which are basically the 4 bags off my bicycle, which has been packed as well:

Bicycle in a box

Whether i'm under or over packed only time will tell.. Possible 11th hour additions might include a fishing rod and equipment, and whatever else i'll 'suddenly' remember tomorrow. And of course, in the worst case scenario, i can always purchase whatsoever i'm lacking in Japan itself (space permitting of course).

After some reading today, i've decided to set Cape Soya (the northern most point of Japan) as my goal. However it will be nearing freezing; 8degC (high) to 0.5degC (low) if i reach Hokkaido in November so for skin and bones sake i hope i reach it as fast as i possibly can on a bicycle.

For anyone interested, these are my flight details tomorrow. I'll have to transit at Bangkok (cause it's Thai Airways, which is ~$300 cheaper than a 1-way SIA flight):

Changi Airport Terminal 1 Flight TG410 departing 2040 16th August
- arriving at Bangkok Suvarnabh, Thailand 2200

I'll have a 2hr50min break in Bangkok before transiting:

Bangkok Suvarnabh, Thailand Flight TG648 departing 0050 17th August
- arriving at Fukuoka, Japan 0800 17th August

That's it! My last post from Singapore. Barring me finding an Internet cafe in Bangkok (and not dozing off in the airport), my next post will be written in Japan! Wish me luck on my journey!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care on your journey :)
and remember to take lotsa pics for remembrance ^^

Gabriel Chin said...

ill try my best..got 4 gb of CF storage on my camera. hope can find a place to upload all my pics every now and then to clear space

Jic said...

boss, tis is lian jie here.... good luck and all the best for this exciting road trip of urs... will be looking forward for the photos... and well... take good care of urself...

Anonymous said...

Hey bro,

its been some time since i last heard from you, and boy you have changed so much! but one thing that has not changed is your unusual unique character that you posses since i knew you back in poly! Plus the fact that you really love japan related stuff. Haha, you gave me a stunner again when i learned about your trip to Japan. All the best and press on man!

Anonymous said...

Jordan here,,,,

That is sooo cool... =D